The assessment of impacts from a given activity, project, programme or plan is required under current legislation throughout the world.
GECOsistema has been developing environmental studies for 15+ years under different permitting and assessment procedures according to the European legislation, making extensive use of environmental simulation/impact models and GIS.
Our environmental services help industrial and public sector clients around the world balance growth with resiliency — achieving compliance and reducing, or eliminating, risks while protecting our natural environment
Our services range from turnkey assistance to customers in the submission and authorization phases of their environmental reports, to specialized environmental modelling services for environmental consulting firms undertaking environmental impact studies.
Typically, we prepare environmental impact studies or similar environmental reports, with specific features depending on the level of analysis, in the context of the following procedures according to the European legislation (and analogous international legislation):
- EIA: environmental impact assessment (Directive 2011/92/EU) – the assessment of individual projects
- SEA: strategic environmental assessment (Directive 2001/42/EC) – the assessment of public plans or programmes
Similar to EIA and SEA, we provide environmental studies and reports within procedures such as:
- Air Quality and Dispersion Modeling
- Surface and groundwater quality modeling
- Environmental noise impact assessment (Directive 2002/49/EC)
- Ecological/human health risk assessment for contaminated sites, Landfill and waste incinerators
- GIS and geospatial analysis for optimal location and pathways of punctual or linear projects